Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Yeah to be Legal!

So, this weekend I turned 21 this weekend. I decided to celebrate this momentous occasion in LA. My best friend Lisa goes to school in the area so I stayed with her. She and her friends took me to this great bar on Sunset Blvd. called the Saddle Ranch. Maybe I over did it a bit but Hey! It was my 21! I think I can be forgiven this one time. In a way I really don't feel that different. The only difference between this week and last that now I can legally buy myself an alcoholic drink if I want too. Personally, I think it's a ridiculous law. According to the Government at 18 I am old enough to have a say in how our Government is run, serve in it's army and buy a pack of cigarettes (which last time I checked was also hazardous to one's health) but you are not old enough to buy a beer? I don't see the logic. It does not stop anyone from drinking and if anything it makes it almost the more attractive to drink because it's "forbidden". Oh well, that is all in the past now because I'm legal!

Back to the real world. I came home to 32 degree weather and right now we are in the middle of a "winter snow" It rained for most of the day and is snowing at the moment. The last report says we are going to get an inch but I've heard any where from an inch to 4-5. That isn't that bad but I'm a little concerned about the ice that might form. Ice is a bitch! You can't drive or walk on it and since it's the last week of classes I really can't afford to stay home because the bus isn't running. This is just another joy of having seasons, I guess.

No comments: