Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I think it's time for a change.

I'm sure I have mention this before but just in case I haven't, I'm graduating in May. The thought scares me and excites me. To be honest, I do feel ready to graduate. I have really enjoyed my time at U of Iowa but it is time to move on. But on the other hand, does this mean I'm going to have to be in grown up? I'm not sure I am ready for that. The thing is, I don't really feel like an adult now, even though I have not lived at home for four years and pay my own bills. Two years ago I bought my first car with my own money. Typically Adult stuff right? I have also had some of my income supplement from my family and I am still on their insurance and my mom still does my taxes for me. Thanks Mom. So I guess I'm not quite an Adult yet but as soon as I graduate, I'll have to pay for all that stuff myself. I guess I'm not afraid of graduating but what do I do after? My whole life to this point I have been a student. I have had jobs but nothing I would want to make a career of. I have just recently applied for an internship at NPR. I don't think I'll get it bought it would ease some of my anxiety. I think I would be really good for it and NPR is known for being a great place for first time jobbers (yes, I know that is not a word but I like it and it's my blog so it stays) and they usually hire people who intern for them first. Wish me luck! If not NPR, I hope to have some kind of job, that is not my current job and out of Iowa. Like I said, it's time for a change.

No comments: