Sunday, April 08, 2007

Spring Cleaning

Happy Easter everyone. Today is the day of rebirth. To start anew and in that spirit I did a little cleaning today. I did it mostly because I am having friends over for dinner and I didn't want to see how my apartment usually is but as I got going I really got into it. I went through boxes and threw away things I didn't need anymore. Like, old receipts and magazines that I have no idea why I kept in the first place, let alone why I brought them with me when I moved last year. I found things that I thought I lost or forgotten I had. I guess you could say that it's been a very productive day and the cleaning part didn't take me as long as I thought because I still have another half an hour before I should start cooking. Yes, I am cooking. I know for those who know me this is shocking because I never cook. I've never been really all that interested in and I'm also not very good. I'm sure one thing had to do with the other but I digress. I'm going to cook a roast, mashed potatoes and veggies and for dessert Carrot Cake. (It is Easter after all and it was on sale at Hy-Vee) I'm really excited about the whole thing. I'm pretty sure I will do fine but I am a bit worried about the roast though. I've never tried anything like this but really how hard could it be? I just put it in a little roasting pan and let it cook and a couple of hours later, it's done. Speaking of which, I better get myself going. Happy Easter and Spring Cleaning everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did your dinner go?