Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I do not like to woken up

In the last week or so, one of my neighbors has gone out early, forgotten their keys and for some reason decides to ring my bell to let him in. Now this tends to happen around 7 o'clock in the morning. I don't know if my neighbor picked my apartment because chances are I am home at the time (unless I have to open) or if pushed everyone's number and I was just stupid enough to get up and answer him. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. After the second day in a row I let him and said no more. I'm not getting up anymore. I answered him because what if it was someone I knew or if someone was in trouble but after the second time, he just forgot his keys then he deserves to be locked out. So, this morning, again around 7am, my buzzer rings. It wakes me up and I said nope, not getting up. If it is one of my friends, then if they were really outside my door they would call me to let me know. If someone is in trouble, well then I'm sorry but there are other people who live in my building that are probably already up who can help them. I am not anyone's back up plan if they forget or decide to leave their keys because they are just going out for a minute and know that someone will let them in. No, I am not that person. I never leave my apartment without my keys, even if I am just going to the little botega to get milk. Even if I did, I'm I wouldn't want to wake someone up that early in the morning. I think it's kind of rude a persumptious to think that there will be someone here to let you in. Take responisibility for yourself people!

After writing this all out. Am I being too harsh? I like my neighbors for the most part. They are usually quiet. We say hi to each other in the stairwell, I guess if I am ever in that situation I would hope someone would let me in too. hmmm... I guess my biggest issue is this is that it has happened 4 times in the last week. No one is that forgetful, right? Of course, the waking me up at 7am when I don't have to get up early never win you points with me, no matter what the situation is. Maybe I am just a cranky neighbor.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Maybe he's trying to work up the courage to ask you out? Is he hot?

Coltrane said...

I don't know who he is, only that he lives in my building

Melissa Ward said...

Nope, I don't think you're cranky - because after the second time I would have gone downstairs and let him know flat-out that it was unappreciated. And I'm scary at that point in the morning (sticky-uppy hair, ratty bathrobe, glasses, greasy skin, braless - you get the picture).

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.