Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sick

I'm not a very good sick person. I'll admit I am a wimp. I am very whiny and needed and feel like I am going to die. So, it goes without saying, I really hate being sick. Since Saturday, I have had a very bad cold or at least I think it was just a cold. I had a sore throat and stuffy nose. I was achy all over and very very tired. I think that was the worst thing was that I was just so exhausted but I couldn't sleep because I was always sneezing. I'm always been afraid of taking Tylenol PM or NyQuil or anything that is supposed to knock you out because what if something happened? What if there is a fire in my building and I slept through the alarm or a friend needed my help and I slept through the ring? Plus, after years of living in Iowa, where one has to sign away their life just to buy Sudafed, I have gotten used to just letting the virus taking it's course without drug interference. So, I didn't take anything. I called out Sunday and tried to sleep for most of the day. When I did get sleep it wasn't very good and had the weirdest dreams. I had to open on Monday. I still didn't feel very good but it's a such a hassle when the opener calls out. It just throws the whole day off. I figured I would go, do all the morning paperwork and deposit and sit in the back until noon when Lourdes, who was the mid, came in but as things happen. I wasn't the only one who wasn't feeling well. We had people call in late or had to leave early in the cafe. So, some of my cashiers had to be moved in the cafe to cover and I had to be at the registers to help ring. When Lourdes came in, I was sent to Lunch. My manager Laurie, is a saint, tried to move people around so I could leave and finally was able to get every where I covered so at around 2 I was able to leave. Thank You Laurie. I know that I could have lasted another two hours but I was so relieved to be able to come home because as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out. I got a solid five hours of sleep before I got out of bed to watch House. (I forgot that the President was having a press conference) So, I watched him for a bit before flipping the channel to the Westminster Kennel Club. I went back to bed after that I had another 14 hours sleep. I'm still feeling a little under the weather but I do feel better. The sleep is what I really needed. I have to close tonight and I have tomorrow off so I think I'm going to be ok. I just want to be able to breathe through my nose again!

It looks like I have falling back into old happens. I'll try to post more often. I really will try but you know me.

No comments: