Wednesday, May 19, 2004

HECTORRRR!!!

So, I saw Troy on Friday. I had been looking forward to it for a while. I thought it would be good, entertaining and full of eye candy. Which it was! I enjoyed it. I knew going in that it wasn't going to be historically accurate or faithful to Homer's original text. I think because I knew that I could just relax and think of it as just another summer popcorn movie with lots of action and hot guys! Orlando Bloom and Brad Pitt may not be the best actors in the world but do look good in Greek armor. *sigh* Eric Bana performance as Hector was the best of the whole movie and Sean Bean was excellent as always. :D

There is one scene that I just couldn't help but laugh at. Archilles (Pitt) is yelling for Hector (Bana) and all I could think was Marlon Brando and a Street Car Named Desire. STEEELLLAAA! I was trying my hardest not to laugh.

So Troy isn't the best movie I have ever seen but it was what I expected it to be, a good summer film. I do have one qualm with it though. I was promised Orlando, Naked and Honey and only got one of the three. Grr... Oh well. This week Shrek 2 opens up. I just have to remember to go at night, to avoid the horrible kid factor and then Harry Potter and the Prison of Azkaban! June 4th baby! This was always my favorite book of the series so they better not have messed it up!

No comments: