Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Shopping!!!
I love shopping.  Kat says that malls are the saddest places in the world but I don't agree.  I say malls are full of hope.  They are nothing but new beginnings.  Ok, that's a stretch but I like going to malls.  The fact that I work in one hasn't dimmed my enthusiasm for them, except for the mall that I work in.  The less time I spend there the better.  My mom and I are going to the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota, for our annual summer trip to the mall.  We usually go in January or February, then maybe around spring break, then sometime in the summer and then finally the first weekend in November to start our Christmas shopping.  We go all the way to there because shopping here in Iowa is so dismal.  The selection is just so small.  So, we go and have fun.  We have gone so many times that we have it down to a science.  It's not just about the shopping.  We know how to shop.  We usually go someplace to eat and plan our attack.  Sometimes we go to a movie or go back to our hotel and have a bottle of wine and watch a movie there.  I can't wait! Mall here we come!!

No comments: