Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I'm so tired. I'm in the middle of a split shift and B&N. I went to work at 9 am for 4 hours. It sucked. Especially since I was planning on sleeping in this morning because I didn't have to do anything until 6:30 tonight. That's right, my shift, the one I was actually scheduled for starts at 6:30pm to close. So I was there before the store opened and I'm going to be there after it closes. Boy does that sucks. And I'm working for a fellow employee tomorrow morning at 9 too. When will I ever get to sleep?

Ok, I really shouldn't complain because I need the hours. I'm not hurting for money. I'm actually surprised that at my salary, I'm still able to pay my bills but I can't keep this up. The worry that I won't have enough at the end of the month is exhausting. I'm still hoping to have a full time job by Christmas. I sent my resume to KZIA last week and they immediately sent me an application, so that's a good sign right? The deadline to apply for the position is Monday, so I'm thinking I won't hear if they want to interview me until then. I still haven't heard back from the Director of programming from the Quad City Radio Group. I don't want to pester him but I would like to hear something for him. Personally, I think it is a bit rude that he doesn't email or call me back. If he doesn't have a position open then he should just tell me so I can look elsewhere. You know, all my life I have been told, if you go to college you will have a good job. Well, they lied. I went to college, graduated and now where's my job. Not that B&N isn't a good job. I just don't want to work in retail for the rest of my life. You know?

In other news, Everyone cheer for the White Sox and the Cardinals to make the World Series. Ever since Dad and I went last year, we have become addicted to it and man we want to go again!

No comments: