Thursday, May 01, 2008

Am I really that crazy to move all the way to New York?

This is going to sound dumb but it's stressful to move. I haven't even really begun the whole moving process and I'm already the stressed-the-fuck-out! I mean, really, the only thing that I have done for my move to New York is ask for a transfer from my store to a store there. That's really it. Well, not true. I did email some people in New York and I got a response back today but that's it. Every time I think about it, it just makes me more anxious and I decide to do something else instead. I have three months but those three months are going to go fast. It's already May! And to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I can do this. I have never done anything like this in my life. I have talked about it lot but actually do it, no. I guess, it really hasn't hit me that I'm really moving to New York City! That I am going be to so far from all my friends and family. Kat is going to be in Buffalo but even Buffalo isn't that close. What if people in New York don't like me? I kind of feel like that I'm finally hitting my stride here in Iowa City and finally made it with the in-crowd. You know big fish in the small pond. What am I going to do in New York when all of my friends are in Iowa City? What if I never get a job in the Home Office and just end up doing what I'm doing now but only there? That really isn't' that appealing. There is so much I have to do before I have to leave and it's just so daunting. But I can do it. I mean, people move to New York from all over the country, World, all the time so it can't be that hard right? I just to get over my fears and do it. I can and WILL Do this and come this Labor Day weekend I will be watching world class tennis at the Billie Jean King Tennis Center! Oh Yeah!

In other news, the new Madonna album, Hard Candy, is awesome! I downloaded in from Itunes and have had it on non-stop since then. It's just a fun, dance, party record. No preaching, no politics, no religion, just Madonna having a good time and isn't that the Madonna we all love the most? Yes, yes it is.

No comments: