Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Last night was my friend Scott's birthday and today is my friend Kat's. So we had to go out and celebrate their birthday's, as well as our other coworker's Mary and Laura. (Mary for some reason didn't show up but we celebrated in her honor.) We went to Charlie's. A local bar in Coralville that is just weird. One half of the bar has the pool table and poles for dancing and the other side booths and palm trees. I'm not sure what they are trying to go for there but whatever. We usually only stay on the Pool side because we like to play, even though most of us are not very good. Like me but I am getting better. I bought a cake because it was suggested that since I got off work early that I should. I had ever intention of baking one but my luck in the kitchen hasn't been good lately. So, I got a chocolate cake with white icing and writing gel to write Happy Birthday on it. Yes, I am on a diet but since I knew I was going to be drinking beer and breaking my diet anyways, I might as well go all the way and have some cake too. We started with a couple pitcher's of beer and shots of tequila. Kat is usually my pool partner and she plays better when she is drunk so I try to liquour her up as much as possible. Joking! It was a lot of fun. It's been a long time since we all have gone out after work. I think that last time was for Jeremy's goodbye party back in June! It was fabulous! I love the people I work with! Happy Birthday Kat, Laura, Mary and Scott!

No comments: