Friday, May 05, 2006

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

So, in honor of Cinco de Mayo, a restaurant downtown is having a special on Coronas. I think they are $2 for a bottle. I really don't know because I don't ever go downtown anymore, except maybe once a month but this is what my roommate Sarah tells me. Apparently when you order a Corona, it comes dressed in a little sombrero and bandana. How cute is that? Sarah has been going there every day this past week and brought home the little sombrereo and bandana to show me. They are now on my stuffed Chihuahua, squirrel?. And let me tell you, he looks absoulutely adorable. I'm sure you are looking at his name and puzzling what is with the question mark? Well that's part of his name. Squirrel? You have to say it as it is a question. Crazy, no? There is a story behind it. Of course there is a story. One does not come up with such things without having a reason for it. My sister and I like to watch the movie, Fools Rush In with Matthew Perry and Salma Hayek. Yes, not the best movie in the world but good when your in the mood for a nice light romantic comedy. Anyway, there is a scene where Matthew's character's parents show up at his house to surprise him and Salma's chihuahua runs out of the front door. The dad ask, "Squirrel?" Kat and I just think it was the funniest line of the whole movie and we joke that if we ever got a dog it had to be a chihuahua and it's name is going to be squirrel? And we would insist on everyone pronouncing it like they were posing a question. Now this idea has giving us hours of amusement and also amusement for our friends. This past Christmas, Sarah, my roommate, bought me a Beanie Baby Chihuahua. It was love at first sight. I knew from the moment I held it my hands that this Chihuahua was my squirrel?. When you put it down it naturally sits and cocks it's head to side as if itself is asking, squirrel? It is too cute. So, now I have my Squirrel?. Maybe one day I will get a real one but for now Squirrel? Is all the Chihuahua I need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that's funny a great way to start a Monday. thamks