Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Somebody's Getting Married!

It wasn't that long ago. Ok, it was last December, my friends Melinda, Valerie and I were discussed how we thought it was crazy that people are age were getting married. See, we had just left Beth W.'s house for a party. It was attended by people we went to Junior/High School with. Most of the party we spent talking about those in our class who were already married, getting married or having children. It is amazing to me how many of my former classmates fit in one of the catergories or more. I mean, We are only 22-23 years old. We just graduated from college. Why settle down now? Well, I bring this up because Melinda just recently got engaged and is getting married this summer. I had lunch with her today and she asked me to be in her wedding. Of course I said yes because secretly I was hoping she would ask me but still I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE IS GETTING MARRIED!! I've been friends with her since 7th grade. She was one of my first friends when I moved to Iowa and to this day she is one of my closest friends. Out of the three of us, Melinda, Valerie and I, I'm not surprised that she is getting married. Especially since she was the only one of us who had a significant other. I haven't had a meaningful relationship since never and Val is a lesbian so she can't legally get married even if she wanted too. What a difference five months make. I would have never thought that both Melinda and my sister would be engaged. Oh, I don't want you all to think I'm not happy for her. I really am. I haven't meant the groom-to-be yet. In the past our schedules never matched up so we haven't had the chance but we will meet soon. I haven't seen Melinda this happy in a long time so I know this is the right decision for her. But one thing, I saw the Prudential's dress and um...It's coral. I'm not sure how I feel about that. *lol*

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh honey, it can't possibly be worse than pale yellow-
And it's YOU- which means you will pull off coral in a way that the rest of us couldn't possibly manage :-)