Sunday, November 23, 2008

Almost here!

I have three days to get my apartment in order before Kate and Dad get here. I have done a lot so far but I have so much to do before they get here. Like mopping the floor. It's a weird thing for me. I have only hard word floors. They are really nice but it's a strange that I don't have to get a vacuum out for the carpets. I don't have any. I bought this Orange Glow specially made for hardwood floors. I'm actually looking forward to trying it out. All I have to do is sweep first before I can really try it out. Not really looking forward to that because that's just plain boring. My mom suggested that I buy more pillows even though I told everyone to bring their own. I wish she told me this before I went to Target last week because I'm now going to have to make another trip. I kind of have to anyways because there were things I wanted to buy but forgot but they aren't really necessary. I'm not sure what I'm really stressing about. They both know me. I'm not really the cleanest person in the world but I want them to have a good impression of my little apartment. My dad has been here before when he left, it was still covered in boxes and Kate has yet to see it. Not to mention, we will have more room If I do finally get rid of the few boxes hanging around.

I do feel a little bad because I'm not taking any time off while Kate and Dad are here but I did take the weekend off when my Mom comes over my Birthday. My reasoning was it was Thanksgiving Weekend and I probably wouldn't have gotten anytime off anyway and I thought I would only be working four days that week instead of five because of the paid holiday. Well, I was wrong. Some of us who are full time got three days off this week but not me. I'm not entirely upset because I am going to get paid for six days instead of five which is going to come in handy later but I kind of feel like I'm telling my them "Come visit me but I'm not going to be here". That's kind of crappy but on the other hand. I do live in NY. It's not like they won't find things to do here to amuse themselves. Next time they come, I will make sure that I have time off to spend with them.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You shouldn't feel bad, I have a lot of work to do while I'm there, so I'm just excited I'm going to be able to sit in your place and do that and then go see Twilight with you! (According to E, we should have a drink before we see it.)