Saturday, November 08, 2008

Hawks Win! Hawks Win!

I don't go out that often since I moved because a) I don't really have the funds and b) I just started to make the kind of friends at work that I want to spend time with outside of work. You know what I mean. There are people who are fine to hang out at work but you don't really want to see outside of work and then there are people that are really cool that you want to spend more time with. So, I have started to make friends. A couple of weeks ago, I meant my friend Jessica and her son Josh for bowling. That was fun except for the whole being beat by a three year old. My ego still hasn't recovered from that. My friend Lourdes invited me to her birthday party last month, which sadly I didn't go because it was in the city and I had to close and would have taken me forever to get there. Today, I met my friend Katie at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Iowa/Penn State game. Now, normally I wouldn't watch the Hawkeye's play. I didn't really when I lived in school there or when I still lived in Iowa City but I had a Saturday off for the first time in forever and Iowa was playing on National TV. That doesn't happen that often because well, they have only been so-so this year or so I've been told. But today, I thought what the hell. I'll go and watch them. It did give me an excuse to have beer and wings and Katie was very good company. I like Katie because like me she is a transfer who has worked for B&N for many years and moved to New York because she has always wanted to live here. In that respect we have a very special bond. I really do feel like I'm starting to make roots here. It's taken me a little bit of time to do so but I do feel like I'm starting to hit my stride. Which is good because I would love to introduce my new friends to my family coming to visit this month. I want them to know that I'm not just here all alone but I do have people who I can hang out with and be me.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Can you believe that field goal with six second to go?!?! What style our boys have!!