Wednesday, November 19, 2008

speed walking

I really don't think I am a slow walker but compared to New Yorkers I am. They are all speed walkers. I sometimes feel like I have to run to keep up with them. I think it has to be that they grew up walking everywhere and not being driven. It also might have to do with the fact that New Yorker's don't mess around. They have places to go and people to see so they don't dawdler or mosey they just go. So, this is New York walk I am going to have to master if I truly want to fit in.

I have the next two days off. I'm pretty excited about it. It's been a while since I had two days off in a row. I wish I could spend them relaxing but I have a lot of things to do. I have to run to Target to pick up a few things I need for next week. I'm going to need more plates because right now, I have only three and I am going to have at least 3 guests for Thanksgiving so that doesn't really work. I also need to buy a turkey. So not looking forward to get on the subway with a frozen turkey but I fear it is unavoidable. I have to do grocery shopping majorly because I am basically down to only cereal. I have to do laundry because the last time I tried the change machine was out of order and well, that's just not right. And finally, I have to start cleaning up my apartment, which means finishing unpacking the five boxes that I have still haven't unpacked. They are mostly little things that I obviously don't use on a daily basis but It will be nice to finally get rid of all the boxes. So, it will be a busy two days.

No comments: