Saturday, November 22, 2008

It's cold

My fellow coworkers and I had a little disagreement about how cold it was yesterday. It was in the mid-30's, which is cold but not that cold. Many of the native New Yorker's disagreed with me. I guess it's ok. The median temperature for the months of January and February is just around freezing temp. so they are not used to the below 0 temps that we are used to in the midwest. Lourdes and I were going back and forth about how cold it really was when Liz came in wearing just a heavy sweatshirt. Liz is also from Iowa so she backed me up on the "it's cold but it could a lot colder" statement. Lourdes thought we were both crazy. Of course Lourdes is also told me that my double breasted Gap coat that I usually only wear when I get dressed up, was not going to be warm enough. I respectfully said, thank you for the concern but I do have a heavier coat, I just didn't feel like dragging it out of the closet and it really wasn't that cold. It gets a lot colder in Iowa then here so I'll be ok. Of course, I am a little worried about having to walk in the cold. I usually just have to run in between buildings and my car so I'm not really outside all that much. Maybe all of this bravado is going to come back and haunt me.

No comments: