Monday, November 17, 2008

Goodbyes

So, I'm watching the replay of the TRL finale and it is kind of making me sad. I loved this show. I remember coming home from high school and putting it on. I remember watching the madness of Time Square and having a little crush on Carson Daly. It really wasn't the same after he left. It was just a great show. Where else could you watch 'NSYNC, Limp Bizkit, Snoop Dogg and Korn in the same show? No where. So, Goodbye TRL. You had a good run and you will be missed.

Last night after my marathon shifts at work, I went out to a Goodbye party for my fellow coworker, Brian. Brian was one of the cafe leads but unfortunately that didn't pay the rent so he is moving back home to upstate New York. I really like Brian. I thought he was a really good guy and liked chatting with him when I was counting the cafe drawer or letting him into the cash room to get his Godiva for the cafe. It's a shame this city is so expensive. I mean, other then that it's a really great city. His predicament did get me to think about how I am doing financially. For the short term, I'm doing ok. I'm not going to go hungry ok. It's a good thing that I have worked for B&N for so long because I my salary is high enough that I can cover rent and my bills but barely. If I made anything less then I do now I would be in trouble. I do know that in the long term, what I'm doing now is going to cut it. I'm going to have to start looking for something that pays better but for now I'm not going to worry about it. I think at this point I'm going to wait for the new year to hit the pavement. I don't know if that is a good or bad idea but I just can't imagine of dealing the stress of job hunting and the holidays.

No comments: