Friday, November 02, 2007

Day2

I like having Fridays off because it means I can go home and hang out with the parents and mittens. I know that might sound weird but I really do like hanging out with my parents and even though I do work my mom, I rarely get time to spend with her. She's usually about to leave as I am coming in so Friday's off are a good thing for us. Not that we do much. This summer we saw a lot of movies. Today, we went out to lunch at Red Lobster and then just hung out around the house, hoping to catch Kat online. Sadly we didn't.

The holiday season has officially started at work. Yesterday we started to set up our holiday displays, including all the the holiday signage. In one way it's good because my shelves were getting packed with product meant to be displayed but it's all a little depressing because it means people are going to get crazy and the days are going to get long. I hate that working in retail has made me dislike the holiday season. It used to be one of my favorite times of the year but now I can't wait for them to be over. Well, cross my fingers that I won't have to work another holiday season after this year, at least not on the retail side of things.

No comments: