Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Rant Stupid Cleaning lady!

Our store has the most ridiculous cleaning contract ever. Five days a week, they send a cleaning person in the morning before we open. They take out the trash, clean the bathrooms, mop up the cafe and power aisle and vacuum one zone and two days a week they only take out the trash and clean the bathrooms. We are responsible for vacuuming the other zones and on the those two days that they don't mop, we do. I know this doesn't make sense. Why do we spend the money (and from what I hear, we pay A LOT for) if we have to do most of the work. I appreciate that they clean the bathrooms but I suspect there are some days all they do is empty the trash and change the toilet papers and paper towels. As I mentioned before, I closed last night and I opened this morning. I know the cleaning schedule by heart. I do lot of closing! So, I know that on Monday and Tuesday nights, we vacuum the whole store and mop the cafe and power aisle. Well, the new cleaning lady sucks! Sorry, but it's the truth. Around like 7:30, I hear the vacuum and I'm like what?. This is not the first time that I have seen her vacuum the wrong zone but she wasn't even supposed to vacuum today! I went to the office and told Annie and she was like, hey! I called them already telling them that she is not doing her job, what else can I do. So, I go back out there and to tell the lady that she doesn't have to vacuum today. She said, "Oh, that's right today is Tuesday". She stops and I think everything is OK. Well, then I walk by the cafe and she is mopping! I DID THAT LAST NIGHT! That was when I gave up. I'm not going to complain anymore because it's not going to help but I will say this. It is incredible expensive for our store to pay us to vacuum and mop and then have people come from the outside and the exact same thing the very next morning! If all we had to focus on when we close is recovery, it would take us less then 15 minutes to close the whole store! and I am including on the weekends because on most nights we have all the re shelves done before we close so all we have to do is recover and straighten. The cafe usually takes longer because they have more to do at night and some of their tasks they can't even start until after we have closed but if we are done early in the bookstore we can help the cafe to get done faster. It would save on payroll and maybe mean that we wouldn't have to schedule so tight. I could be wrong about this but I'm sure I'm right!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember Sister Linda? I thought she was good stuff...and she even caught that shoplifter that one time! BTW I enjoy the daily blogging about the store...makes me feel like I know whats going on around that place even though I have NO IDEA! haha!
-Lisa

Kate said...

Sister Linda!!!

Whatever happened to Sister Linda. Did we lose her because we changed cleaning companies or something?

Melissa Ward said...

The current cleaning contract bites. I am CONVINCED that they dry mop the bathroom and don't use anything resembling cleaner. Ick.

Anonymous said...

The bathrooms need to be cleaned much better than they are!