Monday, November 05, 2007

My laptop

My current laptop is five years old. I know, that is ancient in computer world. We have had a good run together, my laptop and I but it's really time for a new one because I have this sense that my laptop is on it's last legs. I know that I am almost out of memory and despite my best efforts to relieve this problem nothing seems to help. I keep getting these messages about how I need to run a disk clean-up. Well, every time I do, it starts but then turns my computer off midway. It's like it doesn't have enough memory to run it's own clean-up. Bummer.

In a couple of days, I should have enough money to buy a new one but which one? I know next to nothing about computers, except the basics. A couple of months ago, I asked my friend Aaron to computer shopping with me and let me know what I should get. So that was helpful but then I found out that through work I could get a discount on a Dell computer. So should I go with that or just buy another Sony Vaio (my last 2 laptops have been Sony's and I like them) from Best Buy. Well, Dell I could customize what I want and it would be shipped to me but at Best Buy I could buy it and take it home with me right away. What to do? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Melissa Ward said...

I think Dell is evil - but that's just me since they really pulled a fast one with the payment plan.

(If you go with a Dell, don't do the payment plan. Pay for it in full with a credit card)