Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Well, since the rumor is already out there.

I really should be packing right now but I sat down and I can't get up. *lol* I am so stoked for this weekend! I really wish I could just skip work and just go straight to Portland. But alas, I do. Speaking of work, I guess the cat is out of the bag (is that how that expression goes?) So, for those of you who don't know. I applied for a Assistant Buyer position at B&N's head office. I wanted to keep it on the download just in case nothing came of it but I was asked about twice this week by people so I guess word has already spread. The reason that I wanted to keep it quiet was when I was planning on moving to Chicago a couple of years ago, I basically told everyone that was what I was planning on doing. People would ask me, "Weren't you going to move to Chicago?" and it really got to me. I was kind of embarrassed that after I told everyone I was going to and that it turns out I didn't. I really didn't want to do that this time. If I don't get this position or end up moving to New York, I didn't want to have to explain to people in a year, why I'm still here but I guess that boat has sailed. At least this time around, I can say, hey, I just didn't get the job and there shouldn't be any shame into that. I'm not really sure I am qualified for it and I am pretty positive they prefer someone already living in New York to someone who will have to relocate. I'm really not trying to get my hopes up. About two weeks ago, I did have an initial interview, I guess. The HR representative wanted to ask me a few questions and give a brief overview of the job. She did say that it was early in the job search and that she will contact me whether they want to do a formal interview or not. I'm sure the fact that I haven't heard anything yet is a good thing. It means I still in the running, right? Again, trying not get my hopes up but wouldn't it be so cool to live in New York! You all will have to come and visit me.

Ok, now back to packing. I mean start packing! Go USA!

No comments: